Application deadline: October 8th 2017
Start date: November or December 2017
Youth and Environment Europe (YEE) is looking for a young motivated person for the full time position of Secretary General. Key responsibilities include mainly administration, fundraising, managing a team, development and coordination of youth projects.
YEE activities are organised and run by and for young people. All people volunteering in YEE are under 30 and people working are under 35 years old.
We offer full-time work in a young international team, coordination and participation in youth projects, flexibility in working schedule, and traveling abroad. Starting date of the job would be November or December 2017 with one or two months transfer period with the leaving Secretary General.
- Administration: Management of the finances and day to day administration
- Fundraising: writing grant applications, searching for new funding sources
- Co-ordination of work plans of other employees of the Secretariat as well as for EVS (European Voluntary Service) volunteers and interns
- Legal representation of the organisation
- Projects development and management of YEE activities
What we are looking for in the candidate:
- Basic knowledge in accounting
- Experience in administration
- Experience in coordinating international projects
- Work experience in an NGO
- Time management and organizational skills
- Experience in coordinating and leading a team
- Fluency in English and Czech/Slovak
- Experience in fundraising and writing grant applications
- Computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Time flexibility
Other preferable skills:
- Studies in Administration, Economics or related field
- Orientation in basic legal issues concerning running an NGO
- Experience in working in the environmental field
- Communication skills in an international environment
- Interest and enthusiasm in working in a young multicultural team of people
- Willingness to undertake at least two years’ commitment working for YEE is a strong asset
- A letter of motivation in English is required. Please note that only online applications sent within the deadline are accepted and that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Interviews will be done in English.
- Contract type: limited (1 year with 3 months of probation period and with possibility of extension)
Apply for the position: